Effective Date: November 12, 2013
NOTE: The Company does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Site is not directed at children under 13. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Site and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Site, please contact us at email@example.com or the mailing address at the end of this Policy and we will work to delete that Site account and any such personally identifiable information.
Effective Date; Changes
This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us on and after the Effective Date. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date above and will inform you by e-mail sent to the address associated with your Site account and/or through the Site the next time you login. We will treat your continued use of the Site following such notice as your acceptance of the changes. However, we will seek your affirmative consent prior to applying any material change to this Policy on how we use or disclose personally identifiable information to information we collected or received prior to the date of the change.
The Site may contain and we may send to registered users offers from third parties or links to third party websites. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request such third parties to provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before engaging with or making a purchase from such third parties.
Information Collected on Site
Information You Submit
Information Collected When You Use the Site
When you use the Site, we gather certain non personally identifiable information from you, and this information can be associated with your user account. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Site, as well as server log data such as a computer’s IP address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website.
Use & Disclosure of Site Information
We internally use the information we maintain about you as follows:
- We will use submitted information for the purposes for which you provided the information including, for example, to create and maintain a Site account for you or respond to a question that you e-mail to us. We also use submitted information and collected information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Site to you.
- We may send you e-mails regarding updates or modifications to the Site.
- We use submitted information and collected information to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
- We may analyze collected information relating to your use of the Site in order to help us improve the Site and develop and improve other products and services.
- We may use submitted information and collected information to help troubleshoot problems, provide you with required notices, enforce our Software license agreements (for example, when necessary to protect our or a third party’s intellectual property or proprietary rights), in connection with disputes between you and another user or to alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Site.
We use and disclose the information we maintain about you as follows:
- We may provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our user base and its interests and usage patterns.
- We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to third party partners in furtherance of our business arrangements with them, including without limitation to jointly offer a product or service to you or create interoperability between our products and services and the products and services of such partners.
- The Company uses contractors and third party service providers to provide the Site to our users. When our contractors or service provider obtain access to your information, they are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy by, for example, not using the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Company.
- We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so or in other circumstances where we believe is necessary to protect the rights or property of Company, our users, and third parties.
Software Data Collection
As part of its operation, the Software may collect and send to the Company data regarding the personal computer on which the Software is installed such as make and model, hardware components, installed operating system, drivers and software applications, system registry settings and configuration of any of the foregoing (“Collected Data”). Collected Data will not include the content of your personal documents and e-mail messages or any information that directly personally identifies you, such as your name, phone number or address. Collected Data will be used by or on behalf of the Company in order to provide the features and functionality of the Software to you, to provide you with technical support which the Company may elect to provide, to develop and improve the Company’s products and services and for statistical analysis purposes. The Company may provide Collected Data to third parties for purposes of assisting Company in connection with performing the foregoing. In addition, the Company will disclose Collected Data where the Company, in good faith, believes that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires the Company to do so or in other circumstances where the Company believes it is necessary to protect the rights or property of the Company or third parties. The Company’s collection, use and disclosure of Collected Data shall in addition by governed by applicable portions of the software license agreement for the applicable Software, as agreed upon by you when you obtained and/or installed the Software.
Choices Regarding Third Party Offers
To the extent we send you commercial e-mails regarding third party marketing or promotional materials, we will give you the ability to opt-out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information.
Transfer As Corporate Asset
In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving Company, the information we possess (including personally identifiable information) shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
Transfer to the U.S. or other Countries
The Company is uses facilities in the United States. Your information will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where Company has facilities. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at:
SlimWare Utilities Inc.
Attn: Privacy Questions
2953 Bienville Blvd
Ocean Springs, MS 39564