What Information We Collect for Transactions
When you, the customer, agree to purchase DriverUpdate.net software, we may collect limited personally identifying information. This information, including your name, address, and email address is necessary to record and fulfill the minimum requirements of a transaction. If and when we use a payment processing merchant, we take pains to ensure that the same security measures are in place regarding the transaction of data with that merchant. We do not ever knowingly collect personal data from any person or persons under the age of eighteen.
- They are of a limited duration
- They are less than 5KB in length
- They are only visible to DriverUpdate.net
- They are devoid of any personally identifying information
- They are not unique to a given computer
How we Enforce Security
To safeguard personally identifying information, we store all transaction records in limited access servers, safeguarded by encrypted access. We do this to protect the security of personal data as well as that of the servers themselves. We retain the personally identifying information only long enough to complete a purchase, to deter fraud, to provide customer service, and/or to maintain your account with us.
How Information Is Used When Collected
We may disclose and use personally identifying information in special circumstances where doing so is necessary to enforce our service agreements. For instance, we may invoke this disclosure if doing so will help us protect our intellectual property rights. Hereto, we may also disclose or use your personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires us to do so. We do not sell or distribute any personally identifying information to third parties for advertising purposes or outside the bounds outlined in this policy statement.
- To enable us to process, validate and verify purchases.
- To register you as a customer of DriverUpdate or SlimDrivers, a process that facilitates our opening and maintaining a customer support account on your behalf.
- To send email notifications about existing or new products and services. Emails are additionally sent to notify you of special offers and to contact you to reconfirm of verify (if needed) the accuracy of provided information.
- To obtain your feedback to help enhance existing features or provide additional products and services.
SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate
What Information SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate Collects
The DriverUpdate and SlimDrivers Software does not collect any personally identifying information from your computer. Upon un-installation, both DriverUpdate and SlimDrivers do not leave any active or executable data on a customer's computer. A log and possible driver backups may be left on the hard drive. The log details the actions of SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate and records which driver updates are detected and which are installed. It is an inert text file, left as a courtesy to our customers and can be manually deleted or used as a future reference by users or support techs, regardless of whether or not those techs are associated with SlimDrivers and/or DriverUpdate.
Once installed, your copy of SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate will routinely check in with our server to receive updates. These updates constitute improvements, adjustments and repairs to the SlimDrivers and/or DriverUpdate program(s). The only data value transmitted to the server at this time is the current version of the installed software. The updating process can be moderated and/or disabled through the settings dialog in the application. By default the updates are retrieved after a notification confirming that an update is available.